Marketing majors and other Byrum School students who are interested in advertising are invited to join Momentum, the university’s student-led advertising club affiliated with the American Advertising Federation (AAF).
- National membership dues for students are $55 per year per student.
- Members have access to many valuable resources, like career information, job postings, scholarship/grant opportunities, and more. You can also connect to advertising professionals across the U.S., get career advice, and find internships.
- You may also be eligible for Alpha Delta Sigma membership.
Momentum’s activities focus on a collaborative student competition each spring in which members serve in an agency capacity and work on a marketing project for a client company that culminates in a regional “pitch” event each spring. Teams from top schools in Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan are represented as part of the District 6 competition. Winners of the district-level competitions advance to AAF’s National Student Advertising Competition.
Since Marian University began participating in 2010, the Byrum School has placed in the top five each year, bringing home the first-place District 6 trophy and national semi-finalist title in 2014 with an integrated marketing communications campaign for national cosmetics company Mary Kay.
2018-19 student leaders:
- Daniel Sanders, president
- Taylor Trepanier, vice president and creative director
Contact Lori Rumreich, faculty advisor, for information.